Regardless of the industry you’re in, your mindset will have a tremendous impact on both your business and personal life. Achieving and maintaining a positive mindset can be difficult, but it is a necessary element in attaining the vision you have for your life and business. Your mindset will influence the way people respond to your direction, perceive you as a leader and the way they recognize your business. All of that pales in comparison to the impact a positive mindset will have on your own perceptions. Seeing challenges as opportunities to grow and finding the positive aspects of negative experiences can help you maintain the focus you need to improve your life and work.
"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
"Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson
Tips for changing and improving your mindset:
- Change your Self-Talk
- Change your Language
- Determine the mindset you need and act as if
- Learn & Apply
- Surround yourself with people that match your desired mindset
- Create new habits to support your mindset change
- Jump out of your comfort zone
- Start the day with a positive affirmation
- Focus on the good things, however small
- Find humor in bad situations
- Turn failures into lessons
- Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk
- Focus on the present
- Find positive friends, mentors and co-workers
- Start a gratitude journal
- Treat yourself to some self-care every day
- Start every morning strong
- Avoid spreading gossip
- Crack more jokes
- Take real breaks
- Have something to look forward to after work
- Practice meditation
- Focus on the good things
- Practice gratitude
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Open yourself up to humor
- Spend time with positive people
- Identify your areas of negativity
- Start every day on a positive note
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." This captures the essence of mindfulness: bringing our attention to the present moment - the only moment we can ever be sure of.” -- Buddha
“Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.” -- Pema Chödrön
Resources to help you learn and practice mindfulness:
Getting Started with Mindfulness: You have questions about mindfulness and meditation. Mindful has the answers.
1-Minute Mindfulness Exercises: Interested in doing mindfulness meditation but don’t think you have the time?
22 Mindfulness Exercises, Techniques & Activities For Adults (+ PDF’s): The amazing benefits of practicing meditation and mindfulness are available to everyone who has the time to practice these skills.
71 Mindfulness Exercises for Living in the Present Moment: 71 mindfulness activities that can be added to any busy day.
Mindful Checklist: Calendar checklist of 30-second mindfulness exercises.